MCP23017 16-bit i2c I/O expander with reverse polarity protection
16-bit i2c I/O expander for Arduino and Raspberry with reverse polarity protection
MCP23017 based i2c I/O pins expander for Arduino or Raspberry Pi.
The MCP23017 device provides 16-bit, general purpose parallel I/O expansion for I2C bus.
If you are running low with your Arduino or Raspberry pins this board is for you! The board can increase I/O pins up to 128 - you can connect up to 8 boards to each i2c bus.
If you buy more than 4 pcs. We can provide 16 roller shutter (16 up and 16 down egnines) and 32 buttons (16 up and 16 down) program for Arduino Uno.
- MCP23017 chip
- 16-bit I/O
- 5V operating voltage
- Operating Temp Range (°C) -40 to 125
- Max. Bus Frequency (kBits/s) 1700
- reverse polarity protection!
- communication noise protection
- jumper addressing
- mounting holes
- dimmension: 40x40 [mm]
Boards selling without goldpins soldered. If you want me to solder it choose goldpin product option.
- For Arduino you can use [Adafruit's MCP23017 library]
- For Raspberry Pi install i2c-tools and python-smbus: sudo apt-get install -y python-smbus i2c-tools*
i2c-tools examples: sudo i2cdetect -y 1
Python code: Link